August 1, 2010

What I had for dinner last night . . .


Last weekend, S. and I went to dinner at Cafe LULUc in Brooklyn after seeing a show at Cobble Hill Cinemas. It had been a hot, humid day, so we knew a cold salad would hit the spot. After ix-naying the beet salad (our go-to when dining out), we chose the chickpea salad. It was so good, I decided to try making it at home last night. Without a recipe, I chopped, mixed, and let the ingredients sit in their own juices for a few hours (refrigerated, of course). The end result was pretty good, though lacking in the garlicky, cilantro flavor of the original that made us go, "Wow!" Since I'm all about stretching meals to get the most out of them, I added more garlic and cilantro to the leftovers. I think it will be downright delicious tomorrow.

-Marie

Chickpea salad (inspired by Cafe LULUc):
  • Chickpeas
  • Corn
  • Arugula
  • Tomato
  • Onion
  • Feta cheese
  • Cilantro
  • Garlic
  • Pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon juice


1 comment: