August 11, 2010

One Pot Wonder

I love using the crock pot, especially when most of dinner can be cooked inside. This is one of the easiest chicken recipes.

Combine one can of cream of chicken soup (recommend low sodium) with 3/4 cup of water and 1/4 cup white wine.
Add a little bit of mixture to bottom of crock pot.
Layer frozen chicken breasts in crock pot, pouring a little of soup mixture over each one.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Sprinkle one box of stuffing mix over top of chicken breasts and drizzle with 1/4 melted butter/margarine.
Cook an additional 1 to 2 hours, stirring if necessary.

The last time I made this was in the oven with thawed chicken breasts using a sauce I made, not cream of chicken soup mix.  That was just as easy and not as salty.




It's important to remember that crock-pots work best when filled.  I have a large one for pot lucks and beverages, and use my smaller one for everyday meals.  As you can see by the picture, I was too lazy to cut up and steam fresh broccoli.  My go-to veggie of canned green beans works well in a pinch (although I am now thoroughly embarrassed to see how un-appetizing canned green beans actually look on the plate).  I will do better next time!

~Julie

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...hello? I like the bag in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I hadn't even noticed. It's Raley's/Bel Air's (grocery stores) new add. There are 10 ears of sweet white corn in that bag, earmarked for Sunday dinner (pun totally intended). I kind of liked how the sun was streaming in through the windows and the trees are nice and green.

    ReplyDelete