August 3, 2010

Typical Lunch


Okay, I'll admit it. I have a serious lunchtime pizza problem. Oxford Cafe is right across the street, and the guys working there are good. They can handle the lunchtime rush like no other. And the woman at the cash register? I think she could work it in her sleep. It's just so easy to grab a slice when my tummy starts grumbling around 12:30. Most days I pack a lunch, but sometimes there isn't time to make it to the store, and sometimes I just want a slice of warm, chewy-on-the inside, crisp-on-the-outside, cheesy, delicious pizza.

This morning I made a lemon-parmesan dressing, which I used on the leftover arugula from Saturday night's meal and a street vendor's sweet cherry tomatoes. My dressing turned out a little chunky, but I don't have a food processor. If you're inspired to try it, let me know how it turns out.

-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment