- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot
- Cook squash, onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes until lightly browned
- Cover vegetables with chicken stock and bring to boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 40 min or until veggies are tender
- Transfer to wicked awesome food processor and process until creamy
- Transfer back to pot and heat for a few min, until the temperature's right
Thank you to allrecipes.com for the recipe!
Also, thank you to S. for being such a willing guinea pig! I paired the soup with a nice Zinfandel from Amador County, plus a selection of cheeses, bread, and veggie sticks.
Note that I do not own a dining table. Such is life in NYC.