August 4, 2011

Picnics, etc.

You'll forgive me if I promised picnic-inspired posts at the start of the summer and failed to deliver. Planning a wedding and a trip to Alaska, on top of a quite busy schedule these past few months, has taken up most of my time. Still, I have been cooking - with the help of mom and the help of L. and D. 

Post-trip meal (last night's dinner) of whole wheat penne pasta smothered in sauce (tomato, onion, mushroom, zucchini, and garlic):


Mom's AWESOME chicken and dumplings (bug her if you want the recipe!):


The wonderful picnic mom packed for S. and me (that's grilled salmon and egg salad you see):


We camped overnight on an island in the Kenai River and L. and D. prepared for us a mighty tasty and filling strawberry vinaigrette salad, pork chops, mashed potatoes, and toasted bread: 


Pre-trip meal of tilapia, broccoli, and garlic-mashed potatoes:


-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment