March 3, 2011

Creamed Salmon on Biscuits


One of my favorite meals of all times.  This is pure comfort food for me, and is so super easy to make!

Creamed Salmon
Make a roux (basic butter and flour mix).  For liquid use any combination of cream, milk, half & half, or chicken stock.  For this recipe I used 1/4 c. cream (leftover in fridge so using it up), part milk, and half a can of chicken broth (again, already open in fridge and using it up).  Add sauteed celery and onion (1/4c. each), salt, pepper, and marjoram.  Let cook for a few minutes on low then add 1 can salmon (I used smoked salmon I got from my brother), about 1 1/2 cups.  Let simmer for about 20 minutes.  Pour over homemade (or store-bought) biscuits.  I use Bisquick brand baking mix for mine. Canned or frozen peas would be great in this recipe, but I'm the only in my family who likes them so I leave them out.  It's helpful to make extra biscuits so the kids can have some with butter and honey.



~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment