December 16, 2010

Comfort Food...

Whenever Jessica is gone I try to make something with ground beef (not her favorite food at all).  Sometimes It's sloppy joes, or in the summer it's hamburgers on the grill.  Yesterday I had mushrooms that had to be used, and what says mushrooms better than gravy?  Not much.

Yum...Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy.

 Combine 1 Lb of ground beef with 1/2 stack of crushed up Ritz crackers, 1 egg, ground black pepper, and 1 capful Worcestershire.  Add to the beef mixture 1/2 of a chopped onion sauteed with garlic (personal preference).  Shape into 4 oblong patties, and put them in the freezer if you'll be cooking them within a half hour, otherwise place them in the fridge.  Cook at 375 for 25 minutes.

For the gravy, saute sliced mushrooms.  Add one can of Cream of Mushroom soup, one package of French Onion soup mix, and 1/2 cup milk.  Bring to boil, then simmer for approx. 10 min.

We also had mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. 




I apologize if the photos are that great.  I couldn't find my camera so I used my iPhone.

~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment