October 17, 2010

Cherry Italian Ice

We've said goodbye to summer. No more hot, humid days. No more sundresses. No more dining al fresco. I spent this weekend cold. Waking up in the morning with a chill, pulling my jacket and scarf a little tighter in the afternoon, and putting on a sweater to putter around my apartment in the evening. Fall means squash soup, kielbasa and cabbage, and hearty Sunday meals. While I love these things, I give you one last remnant of summer (which I found on my phone today, having had good intentions to post it a couple of months ago when the photo was taken):
This was my first Italian ice--cherry! I always thought Italian ices were like the sno-cones you get at the state fair, but they're not even close. They're creamy and flavorful to the last bite.

-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment