May 7, 2011

Can I just say sorry?

It's been so long since I've post, I'm truly sorry.  Honestly, in the beginning the food blog was like a new toy, all shiny and new, but grew dull over time and was relegated to the bottom of the stack. I feel a resurgence as summer hits, with new farmer's markets popping up and the cornucopia that is the Central Valley's claim to fame hits our table.  Summer in California means fresh fruits and veggies!  Can't wait!!

But first, I had the opportunity to eat lunch at Club 33, this super exclusive restaurant inside Disneyland. My menu selection (chosen 3 weeks ahead of time) was salmon and Joe's was the steak.  Both were good, although I believe the salmon was farm raised, and had I known that I would not have chosen it.  It was not as red and flaky as copper river salmon, but here I go sounding like the salmon snob I am.  Joe absolutely loved his choice.


 The ladies restroom with fresh roses on the sink and individually folded, thick paper towels (with the 33 logo) to dry hands.  Very classy and pretty.


 The toilet in the stall looks like a wicker chair.  The seat top lifts to reveal a regular toilet seat.


 Terriyaki salmon on a bed of pesto risotto, with a side of sauteed spinach.



 On the left are fresh fruits, grilled tomatoes, and cheese (huge chunks of blue cheese, yum). On the right are cold salads, including a Cesar Salad and Pasta Salad.

  On the left, under the ice, are crab claws, shrimp, and pieces of lobster (shell on).  On the left is antipasti, smoked salmon, and cold meats selections.

 Dessert bar.  Not much more to say other than I had at least one bit of everything under the glass!




Joe's steak, accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes.  Very yummy!

It was a treat to eat lunch inside this beautiful restaurant, using real china and personal waiters, especially given the casual Disneyland setting.  I'm hoping when Joe hits his 25 year mark with AT&T he chooses to celebrate here.  I would definitely eat here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment